Lavender oil(Lavandula Angustifolia) is a multi-purpose oil enriched with linalool and linalyl acetate. Scientifically known as a Lavandula officinal belongs to family of Lamiaceae. Basically flower is native of western Mediterranean and other mountains in northern Spain. The plant is herbaceous & perennial .Color of the flower is blue, yellow or violet. The magical part of the plant is their flowers which attracts others by its fragrance and have been used for making potpourri for centuries. Lavender oil (Lavandula Angustifolia)used in making perfume, aromatherapy oil, infusion, oil, body lotion as well as soap with sweetie smell.
Extraction : "Lavender oil" is extracted by the process known as steam distillation of fresh and dried flowers. Lavender oil is clear pale yellow in color.
Chemical Composition : The oil composed with 150 active constituents. Rich in esters and other chief constituents which are linalyl acetate, terpene alcohol, linalool and terpinen -4-ol and camphor, cis-ocimene, 8-cineole,lavandulyl acetate limonene and geraniol.
- Lavender oil can be used as insects repellent and irritation due to bite of bug.
- It can be used to get relives from pain.
- Patient who want to enhance the sleeping can used the oil.
- Lavender oil can be used for the treatment of migraines, emotional stress depression and nervous tension.
- Lavender oil reduced the red raised sores on face as well on body which is produced by bacterial infection.
- The oil can be used for treatment of acne, wrinkles and dark circle under the eye.
- Lavender oil reduced the pain of tense muscles and muscular aches.
- Lavender oil help to increases the flow of urine.
- Lavender oil is used for the treatment of hair fall.
- It has anticancer activity.
- Treatment of hypertension can be done by the help of Lavender oil as it reduces the blood pressure.
- It is stimulate the production of digestive enzyme and gives relives in diarrhea, vomiting, colic and stomach.
- Lavender oil helps to build the immune system of the body.
- It is used for cure skin disorder.
- Because of its nice and fruity smell the Lavender oil is used soaps and perfumes.
Safety and Precaution :
- Do not use the Lavender oil during pregnancy.
- If digested in high quantity than it may cause Vomiting, diarrhea, difficulty in breath, blurred vision, reddishness in eye. In any such case immediately call or visit the doctor.
- Do not use excess of pure Lavender oil.